With the optional DocuShare Optical Character Recognition (OCR) add-on, page images can be transformed into searchable PDF files, Microsoft Office documents, or simple text files, enabling files to be located, viewed, and modified. Once images have been processed, they are fully indexed and can be searched based on text contained in the new file.
- DocuShare or DocuShare Enterprise 7.0 server running: Windows 2008 Server R2 SP1 Standard and Enterprise (64-bit) or Windows 2012 Server R2 Standard and Datacenter (64-bit) or
- DocuShare or DocuShare Enterprise 6.6 server running: Windows 2003 Server R2 or SP2 Standard and Enterprise (64-bit), Windows 2008 Server R2 SP1 or SP2 Standard and Enterprise (64-bit), or Windows 2012 Server Standard (64-bit)
- Additional processor
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or higher
- 1 GB RAM for OCR add-on
- Additional disk space for DocuShare OCR add-on (amount equal to three times the size of the largest document to be converted)
- To install and use the DocuShare OCR add-on, refer to the guides included in the download.